Monday, July 27, 2015

Joys of a Mission

This week sure had its rough points, but the biggest blessing of the mission, it that there is always another week to improve! We started this week with a great multi-zone! President explained how we should help our investigatores understand how they can receive an answer to their prayers. I always thought that simple prayer was enough, but no. Joseph Smith's story is very clear in that he studied his problem out for some time. and then he prayed. Anybody can pray and ask, but only those who are seeking and showing faith through works will find their answer. 

Later on in the week I had to take away a book that is not in the missionary library from an Elder in my district. He got a little angry and I may or may not have lost my temper. I don´t know why I was so surprised to learn that being a leader is not always a walk in the park. After some time on my knees and letting go of some pride, things got better. It´s amazing some of the lessons you learn in the mission. 

To clarify some things, I am not in the same area as before, Right now I am in the stake of Canto Grande and I first started in the Stake of Wiesse, they are neighbors. My ward is tiny. This Sunday we had 96 people in Sacrament. In Ward Council we had about 8, as I learned in the mission Ward Council should always have at least 12, plus the missionaries. But it was pretty tight when we sang the national hymn of Peru as a hymn in sacrament. It was even better when at the end the chorister grabbed the microphone and stated, Vive Peru, Live Peru, and everyone else responded PERU!. 

Reporting our key indicadores was fun as well, we didn´t even come close to our goals for the week. But, as I said, repentance is a true force and after a nice talk with Elder Muruchi, we have some great plans for this next week! I cannot even imagine what my life would be like without my mission. Every time I think about the decision to serve a mission, I think of the words of Elder Holland, ¨Every blessing that I have in my life I owe to my mission¨. Dad, tell those Priests that a mission will be the hardest challenge they will experience up to that point in their lives, but it is also the greatest blessing they can receive. If they serve faithfully, they will never regret it, it will refine them for all of eternity. 

I love you all so much and pray for you all. I hope you have a great week! also, if you could send me Parker´s email I would be very grateful. Enjoy the warm weather and be grateful that everyone around you is not sick with the cold. 

Elder Bradford 





Spencer and Elder Wagstaff, his companion from the CCM.


No comments:

Post a Comment