Monday, May 4, 2015

Ten Months

Wow, how crazy that I have ten months! Thanks for the reminders family. I can't believe how hard and how amazing this mission has been so far. And just when I thought I had control of it, the Lord said we are going to try something new. I am so grateful for the chance to be a district leader. It sure has its ups and downs, but the growth that I have seen from it is incredible. I never thought I could do so many things at once and love every day!  It is so awesome!

Mom, you asked me for a miracle, and I have had many. For example, people can actually understand my Spanish! Another miracle happened this week when Elder Mayta lost his agenda while we were out working and he had a lot of appointments importantes. Well, I had an idea of where he lost it, and so we headed for the place. Along the way I had the impression, "Do you want my help"? So, we stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and offered a prayer asking for a miracle that we could find the agenda that morning. Well we stopped by the gas station where I thought it might be and sure enough a worker saw us and the first thing he said was, "hey your book is inside if you want it." What was better for me though, is that as he went in to get it, a women said to her daughter, they are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She was a less active that does not live in our area, but told us that she would love to attend the church again. I have no idea what happened with her, but I had faith that we had to talk to her, if only to remind her that God loves her and he wants her to come back to church. 

To respond to the question, what do District Leaders do. We usually just take the heat from the zone leaders when our district is lacking. We also do a lot of interviews. I had the chance this week to interview four investigators of the Hermanas, two of whom need other interviews from the president due to their past, but it has become one of my favorite things to do, get to know other investigators who are getting ready for baptism. 

Crazy how time flies, 10 months, 1 hour. Yeah, I am out of time. But I promise to call sometime this week about Sunday, I don't know when exactly, I still have to talk to some members about the details. I wish you all a great day, and ask Kyle Bradford if he happens to know a Peruvian named Casar Pastrana who lives in Spanish Fork. His brother is a member in my ward here. Well, Talk to you Sunday.

I love you all.

Elder Bradford.



The Familia de Poderoso

No comments:

Post a Comment