Saturday, May 23, 2015

Surprise

Yep, Surprise! I get to email today because this Monday we have a huge soccer match as a mission. It is every zone against another and it is going to start early, so we are writing today. But wow, this week has been really fantastic!

First, we had a training by our very own President Erickson. He gave a great training and Mama Erickson had a lunch of hot dogs and cold slaw salad just like you make mom, with cabbage and raw top ramon. To top it off, Papa Erickson did a Q and A. Wow! He was explaining things from how we as spirits came to be until how the second coming will be. The only question he didn't want to answer was where is Cain today. I believe the scriptures are very clear that he died a long time ago, but there are many missionaries and members who think otherwise. 

This week Elder Mayta and I had the chance to go to the temple, and it was better than I ever thought possible! I have always loved going through sessions before the my mission, but to go as a missionary and after your president has been explaining about Adam and Eva, it left me very peaceful and tranquilo. I can't believe I had to wait so long to go. I also had the chance to put some names on the prayer roll, so I put some investigadores and of course my family. Yep, your names are now on a prayer roll in the Lima Peru Temple. 

Directly after the temple we went to visit Shirly, our investigator who is progressing very fast. Well, she still wants to be baptized, but we are going to have to wait a while. She will be moving to the US for a year to work and study. We are working on passing the reference to the states, but her grandma and mom want to be baptized as well. And now we are also teaching her aunt. This family has been greatly prepared by the Lord. 

Well, I feel like more has happened this week, but like Nephi, this is sufficient for me. We are currently waiting for transfers in two weeks from now, I think my companion will leave the area due to the amount of time he has now in this ward, and we are enjoying some cold weather! por fin! I hope all is well at home and I will write not this Monday, but next. Take care! I love you all so much!

Elder Bradford

PS I just happened to find a youth from Galeras, my first area, in the temple!!! It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment