Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mi barrio es lo maximo

My ward truly is great! Hermana Ruth and many other members love searching for the missionaries on Facebook. They are all really impressed with your espaƱol mom, which came as a surprise to me, as I didn´t know you knew Spanish. No worries, I will be sure to tell you when the shoes get here. I also expect them to last, well then again I still have a year and a half...

So this week was awesome! Our zone did a companion exchange and my companion for Tuesday and Wednesday was Elder Wilson. He is one of our zone leaders and is from Payson, Utah, so we had a lot to talk about. It was slightly odd because we kept Elder Whitlock´s rule of only Spanish between greengos. We talked about everything from our high schools to Lake Powell to cars, but all in Spanish. It´s an odd feeling talking about your home in a foreign language and in a different country. 

We also have a lot more new investigators thanks to the ward. After the training we had last week all the members now want to introduce us to their friends, which is awesome, I love meeting new people! My Spanish is finally approaching the point were I feel comfortable conversing with people about their lives and not just starting into a lesson. The only down side to this week was that we learned the marriage ceremony that the government was planning for this month, is now for next month. It means that some of our investigators that were going to get married and then baptized this month, now have to wait another month. It´s a bummer. 

I think it is very possible that I could get transferred. The average in our mission is about four to six months in one area, however Elder Benavides had about eight or nine in his last area, so who knows? 

I wish you all the best and hope you have a great start to a great year!

Elder Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment