Monday, September 22, 2014

Central Lima

This has been a busy week. First, last P-Day, after my last email, we hit Central Lima and it was awesome! I have a lot of photos that will hopefully one day make it to Dropbox. We visited a museum, San Fransico´s Church, and some catacombs. We also ate at Chilies. The city is incredibly modern. The only down side was that we didn't have much time for lessons afterwards. 

Wednesday and Thursday were interesting. I was meant to go to the mission home for Immigration, but they canceled on us without telling anyone, so it was actually Thursday. It was nice though, because I got to catch up with all my amigos from the CCM. I found that we are all still super close, especially Elder Glover, Wagstaff, Spencer, and myself. We have already starting planning a reunion after our mission. Oh, and we had lunch at McDonald's inside a mall. The mall is ten times nicer than any mall I have ever been in. I had to pay 50 centimos to use the bano, but it was worth it. 

This week we were finally able to set a date for baptism with Juanita. Her mom was dragging her feet saying she wanted her daughter to be prepared. Elder Bustamante read a scripture in D&C about how parents need to teach their children and have them baptized by the age of eight or the sin is on the parents. She agreed for the 25th of this month. 

So, our neighbors like to play music really loudly during our study time. It was difficult at first to ignore the loud Spanish music, but now they have started an 80's American phase, and it's impossible to ignore. The other day they had the whole Greece soundtrack, Bon Jovi, Sweet Child of Mine, and so much more. It's been brutal.

I think I might get a new companion tomorrow, but I'm not quite sure. I'll definitely let you know next week. Aside from this, this week has been pretty good. It´s still cold, but everyone says that once it heats up, it really heats up. I guess I will find out soon. I love you all and pray all is well.

Elder Bradford




                                   Homes in the area that Spencer is tracking.





No comments:

Post a Comment